Valentines Day is a time to express your complete love and gratitude to someone you care deeply for, or to your self! This day is full of passion, excitement and heart-throbing anticipation... but all of the waiting usually ends with the same generic surprises: a card, chocolates, a bouquetof red roses that will surely die before their time, candy, a romantic candlelit dinner.
What's wrong with that? Nothing if you want ordinary. Having a romantic night is a great way to celebrate Valentines Day, but let's spice things up this year with some spontaneous fun by planning sexy, strong, active dates. Solo?? Not a problem! Grab a friend and check out some new adventures together! Check out these 6 things you can do for Valentines Day to keep your calorie count low and your adventure level high. They may hit your wallet, but your waistline will thank you.
1 Get In The Kitchen & Cook— A great meal will be appreciated regardless of your company. Cooking is a cleaner, healthier, and cheaper option than dinning out. Restaurants are known to be infamously high in calories, sugars, fats, sodium and more than likely contains low nutritional value. On the other hand, having a candlelit dinner at home allows you to be comfortable and in control of whats on your plate. Bonus: it's been proven that cooking together can bring you a new level of closeness in your relationship!
2. Pole Fitness Party- Rally your friends for a “Valentines Day Pole Party”. Hire a professional Pole Instructor to help you tap into your inner sassy, sexy self. Not only will you get a total body workout out, but you're sure to learn some seductive dance moves to make your Valentine's Day extra spicy! Think pole dance is just for women? Think again fellas. Do not allow your masculinity to discourage you from trying this. Bonus: scorch calories and boost endorphins while learning some new skills.
3. Hiking: Take a break from the hustle, and bustle of the city and experience the beautiful gifts that mother nature has to offer. A short drive or train ride will have you closer to nature in a flash. Sit down and meditate over a warm crackling fire over looking landscape of tall trees, mountains, and lakes. Choose a trail that's a bit of a challenge to scorch extra calories. Trekking can burn well over 500 calories depending on the incline of the terrain and the weight of your gear. Definitely do this with a partner or group of friends to heighten your experience. Bonus: out of town scenery, completing a challenge, and major caloric burn!
4. Dance: Hit the town and dance the night away. Grab your significant other, friends, or a stranger on the dance floor, and set your inhibitions free as the DJ sets the tone for a major sweat session. Confidence is key on the dance floor, and if you're single maybe you'll even find that special someone. Bonus: 2-3 hours of dancing can burn up 800 calories or more depending on type and intensity.
5. Fitness Classes- Haven't you heard? Couples who train together, stay together! There are plenty of gyms that will be promoting Valentine themed partner workouts. Hire a trainer or seek out that go-to class and get to the gym. The endorphins you release in intense workouts will have you glowing for days and looking better naked. Bonus: major opportunity for burning those extra calories and getting that extra push in class from your support system!
6. Ski Trip- Did you plan a getaway?February is one of the coldest months of the year. Lets embrace the cold and find a resort to enjoy some snow sports. Heading to the slopes for your winter getaway automatically makes your vacation a healthy one. After all, a day of skiing gets your heart pumping, works your muscles, torches calories, boosts your mood, and gets you out in nature. Make it a day trip or get fancy and rent a cabin! Your partner is sure to thank you. Bonus: heart pumping activity and the chance for some major bonding time.